Scope of Cover
The Marine Cargo Insurance offers four types of covers:
- Institute Cargo Clause (C): Named Perils basis
- Institute Cargo Clause(B): Named Perils basis
- Institute Cargo Clause (A): The widest form of cover under Marine Cargo Insurance in so far as it relates to the perils covered. ICC (A) is an unnamed perils clause.
- Institute Cargo Clause (Air)
Various clauses can be added depending upon the nature of the goods being carried. The Institute Cargo Clauses comprise a range of covers from the most comprehensive ones such as (A) Clauses to the basic minimum protection available termed (C) Clauses.
- Additional cover can also be provided for the following:
- War, strikes, riot and civil commotion
- Loading and unloading
- Customs duty
- Removal of debris